Advertisement

Prince Albert II of Monaco Gives a Revealing Interview About His Wife, Princess Charlene


For the first time since Princess Charlene returned home this year, the Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Albert II, opens up about his wife's return.

In an interview with Journal du Dimanche as revealed by Royal Central, he expressed his delight, "Today, Charlene is back with us, and this is the most beautiful thing which could have happened", he said.

Apart from the joy he felt upon his wife's return, Prince Albert, 64, also shared what it was like being separated when Princess Charlene extended her stay in South Africa due to an ear infection.

"We missed the Princess a lot", he said. "It was a test for my wife especially, who suffered greatly and lived through difficult times, far from her family. A test also for our children and for myself".

Princess Charlene in South Africa. Photo credit: Princess Charlene Instagram

The physical separation in 2021 was even made more difficult with the split rumors spread by various newspaper outlets, which Prince Albert tried in vain to debunk.

Princess Charlene also cleared the issues in her May interview with the Monaco-Matin newspaper. "You want to talk about rumors of divorce or my new home in Switzerland? I still find it regrettable that certain media peddle such rumors about my life, my relationship", Princess Charlene said in the interview. "Like everyone else, we are human beings, and like all human beings we have emotions and weaknesses".

Prince Albert concluded the interview on a happy note, "We were able to stay united despite the distance. We spoke to each other often. She's better, we can finally spend time together. It is a relief and a joy for all of us"

Princess Charlene left Monaco for South Africa in the early spring of 2021 to promote her advocacy for white rhinoceros conservation, supported by her foundation, the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation.

She wrote on instagram, "Let's unite under my #ChasingZero initiative and put an end to the atrocities that put our precious wildlife at risk".

In what could be just only a month, the princess was forced to extend her stay when she contracted an ear infection and needed to undergo surgery. 

Prince Albert and their twins visited her in August 2021. The brief reunion did not quell off divorce rumors though, until Princess Charlene returned to Monaco in November. Only to leave in just a matter of days to seek medical treatment abroad to address her physical and emotional exhaustion.

The couple briefly reunited in August 2021

She was quietly back in Monaco in January this year but her presence in the Principality was only revealed in March, and made public in April during Easter Sunday.

She began to return to public duty on April 30, 2022 and made three public appearances alongside her family since then. However, on June 4, Saturday, her return to royal duty was hampered by COVID-19 when it was announced that she was tested positive for the virus. 

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were married on July 1, 2011, and their twins, Hereditary Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella were born on December 10, 2014.

Post a Comment

0 Comments